What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
“Different from the refined and distilled vinegars usually found in supermarkets, Natural Apple Cider Vinegar is made from fresh, crushed, organically grown apples and allowed to mature in tanks, which boosts its natural fermentation qualities. When mature, it contains a web-like substance, called “mother” that becomes visible when the rich brownish liquid is held to the light.” -Bragg Company
Learn more here and purchase Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar book
What’s the difference between White Vinegar and Apple Cider Vinegar?
Raw Apple Cider Vinegar started disappearing from the grocery store shelves due to the public preferring the look of the refined, distilled vinegar because it is clear and “cleaner” looking. Raw apple cider vinegar is unfiltered and cloudy because it is raw, organic, and contains the “mother”, which is what gives this type of vinegar its health benefits.
The companies producing vinegar were just giving the consumer what they wanted, but little did they know they were removing almost all of the health benefits by doing this!
A food chemist actually produced an imitation vinegar from coal-tar that looked “clean” to the consumer, yet still tasted like vinegar. Sadly, it is the most popular vinegar sold in supermarkets today.
These fake vinegars are cheaper, so the consumer thinks they are getting a better deal. In reality they are getting an imitation vinegar that has zero health benefits.
This is why I only buy Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar!
Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Helps Remove Body Toxins
- Helps Promote a Youthful Body
- Helps support a healthy immune system
- Helps Maintain Healthy Skin
- Helps Control Weight
- Improves Digestion and Assimilation
- Soothes Tight and Aching Joints and Sore Muscles from exercise
- Soothes irritated skin
- And many more!
Bragg’s Organic Vinegar Health Drink
- 1-2 tsps Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 8 oz. glass of purified or distilled water
- (optional) to taste 1 to 2 tsps Organic Honey or100% Maple Syrup
- Delicious, ideal pick-me-up at home, work, sports or gym. Perfect 3 times daily, upon arising, mid-morning and mid-afternoon
History of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Traced to Egyptian urns as far back as 3000 B.C.
- Hippocrates (400 B.C.) recognized it’s powerful cleansing and healing qualities. He used it to treat his patients.
- The Babylonians used it as a condiment and preservative.
- Apple Cider Vinegar was sold by street vendors during the Middle Ages as a body deodorant, healing tonic, and drink to keep the body healthy and ageless.
- It has been used on ships to prevent scurvy.
- During the Civil War, apple cider vinegar was used to disinfect and heal wounds.
Bragg’s Organic Vinegar Skin Cleanser & Toner (opens pores and loosens dirt and excessive oil from face)
- Turn off heat under a pan of steaming Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar water (2 Tbsps ACV to quart purified water)
- Steam face over pan and use towel draped over head to trap steam
- Pat Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar on face with cotton ball to remove the loosened dirt
- Repeat steaming and cleansing twice
- Then pat or spray on chilled Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, diluted with equal amount of distilled water (store ACV mixture in refrigerator) to close pores and tone skin
- Do steam cleansing twice weekly, as needed.
Apple Cider Vinegar Disinfecting Spray
- Use the ratio of 1:2 Apple Cider Vinegar to water
- Add to a spray bottle
- Spray surfaces to clean and disinfect
- Optional: add a few drop of Young Living’s purification and/or lemon essential oil for an extra boost of cleaning power!
Why BRAGG’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar?
Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar is the best and highest quality available in the world today. It was voted and awarded for its best quality. It is made only from the finest, delicious, healthy grown USDA Certified Organic Apples. Leading environmental experts advise eating only organic apples and apple products, because conventional apples have been listed as one of the top 12 foods most contaminated by pesticides.
• USDA Certified Organic – organically grown apples and exacting scientific standards used to meet organic certified food product standards.
• Unfiltered – contains the valuable apple peel which is rich in important polyphenol antioxidants.
• Raw – Not Pasteurized, recognized as a “live food”, rich in enzymes and made the best natural way.
• Contains the amazing “Mother” of Vinegar, a natural cloudy substance found only in raw, unfiltered organic vinegar formed from naturally occurring strand-like chains of protein enzyme molecules. It is highly regarded for it’s nutritional and health benefits.
• Kosher Certified
Until next time,
Disclaimer: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal experiences. Use of Young Living Essential Oils and other products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. I am not a doctor or healthcare professional.