When I first heard about tongue scraping, I thought it sounded absolutely disgusting and pointless. I kept thinking, why do I need to SCRAPE my tongue? I brush it all the time! Well, once I started doing it regularly, I began to see some amazing results!
What is tongue scraping?
An ancient Ayurvedic, self-care ritual for oral hygiene that removes bacteria, food debris, fungi, toxins, and dead cells from the surface of the tongue.
What does it look like?
- A long, thin, flat piece of metal that is bent in a “U” shape.
- Stainless steel or copper are best
- Can be found at most health food stores and online, click here for the one that I use daily
- In a pinch, a metal spoon can be utilized
Why tongue scrape?
- Prevents Halitosis (bad breath)
- Keeps taste buds healthy, heightens sense of taste
- Boosts immune system
- Improves digestion
When should I scrape my tongue?
- Incorporate into your morning oral health routine before brushing
- Be sure to do this on an empty stomach
How do I scrape my tongue?
- Place the scraper as far back as you can manage and then pull forward with slight pressure
- Repeat 10-12x
- Be sure to scrape entire surface including sides
- Rinse scraper between pulls
Want an extra boost of freshness after you scrape and brush?
- Try Thieves mouthwash! It’s a natural version of mouthwash that is not loaded with toxic chemicals! They use essential oils instead!
- Try Thieves toothpaste as a natural alternative to other toxic name brands! Here is a safe toothpaste made just for your kiddos as well!
- Want more information on getting started with essential oils and other natural products? Click here!
Until Next Time,
*Please comment below with questions or email me directly at [email protected]!
Disclaimer: The information on this website is based upon my research and personal experiences. Use of Young Living Essential Oils and other products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. I am not a doctor or healthcare professional.